- I Love Skateboarding & Surfing
- OG Jam Championships 2013
- 38th Annual Rell Sunn Menehune Surf Contest
- Happy Thanksgiving 2013
- My skateboards are hand made in Los Angeles, California USA
- Custom Skateboard Manufacturing in Los Angeles, California
- Skateboard Manufacturing in Los Angeles, California
- Making Skateboards In Los Angeles, California
- It’s great to see old friends out skateboarding!
- Los Angeles Skate Park Tour Update
- Skateboards Made & Printed In Los Angeles, California
- Loose trucks are the holy grail.
- Wes OPD: Mid-Late 1990′s @ Mike’s Pool
- 2013 Los Angeles-California Skate Park Tour!
- Grinding over the light for the last time…
Another dedicated poolskateboarding.com follower checking the pool out on the way home. We recommend parking the car on the street instead of in the pool, its less conspicuous. While not the best way to check the skate-ability of a pool, he did get in. Getting out is the tough part.
Drunken driver crashed through wall, into backyard swimming pool in La Puente, California.
LA PUENTE — A family got a rude awakening early Sunday when a drunken driver plowed through the cinder block wall surrounding their backyard and ended up submerged in their swimming pool, authorities said.
Modesto Cabral, 40, of La Puente was booked on suspicion of driving under the influence following the 5:25 a.m. crash on Barrydale Street at Orange Avenue, according to California Highway Patrol Officer Steve Licon.
“We woke up to an awful noise and looked outside, and a car was in the pool,” said resident Janelle Diaz, 16.
“We had always joked around about it — that someone was going to end up in the pool — because they’ve hit our wall before,” she added.
Cabral suffered only minor injuries in the crash, Licon said.
He was westbound on Delvale Street in his 2006 Lexus GS430 approaching a “T intersection” prior to the crash, the sergeant said.
“Mr. Cabral allowed his vehicle to travel through the ‘T’ intersection at Orange Avenue and continue over the west concrete sidewalk,” Licon said.
The car then plowed through the cinder block wall and into the backyard swimming pool, he said.
“Mr. Cabral was able to exit his vehicle through the right front window,” the sergeant added.
Investigating officers determined he was “under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs,” Licon said.
According to county booking records, Cabral was being held in lieu of $10,000 bail pending his scheduled arraignment Tuesday in El Monte Superior Court.
PHOTOS courtesy of Beatriz Diaz
This one had a nice face wall with quick side walls, split level love seat to the left of the light, death box to the right, round brick coping, and a perfect surface. We bucketed a little water and had to be really quiet as two neighbors had barking dogs. I only skated it once, barge session in LA, California.
Backside grind over the Death box, Che Cruz Hernandez, 2008.
Thank you Hector Waluyo Moreno for the photo.